Food Drive for the Days of Awe
True atonement requires thinking not only of our own spiritual welfare, but also taking note of the physical welfare of others!
Our Rodfey Tzedek, the Committee for Pursuing Social Justice, invites you to participate in the spirit of the season by donating high quality foods or money to the Oregon Food Bank. Donations will be accepted at the shul between Rosh HaShanah and the end of Sukkot (Oct. 7)
Please remember: NO GLASS JARS OR SODA!
A monetary donation is always accepted and greatly appreciated!
Oregon Food Bank needs these nutritious foods:
• canned meats (i.e., tuna, chicken, salmon)
• canned and boxed meals (i.e., soup, chili, stew, macaroni and cheese)
• peanut butter
• canned or dried beans and peas (i.e., black, pinto, lentils)
• pasta, rice, cereal
• canned fruits
• 100 percent fruit juice (canned, plastic or boxed)
To ensure food safety, Oregon Food Bank can’t use:
• rusty, dented, or unlabeled cans
• perishable items
• homemade items
• noncommercial canned or packaged items
• alcoholic beverages, mixes or soda
• open or used items
PLEASE NO GLASS CONTAINERS